Wednesday 21 November 2007

The Reading Club speak...

...about their meeting with Catherine MacPhail.

I really enjoyed my visit to meet Catherine MacPhail. I loved the fact that she made up stories on the spot and used our names in them. Some of the stories were very funny and some were quite spooky.
Caitlin, S1

Catherine MacPhail was excellent! She told us all about how she makes her stories and what inspired her to write them. She answered all our questions about her books and made up stories on the spot! She really was brilliant.
Eilidh, S1

She told us stories from her books and some she made up after taking names and words from the audience. She gave us a little advice about how to write our own stories. I really enjoyed meeting Catherine MacPhail last wednesday.
Carrie, S1
For more info about Catherine check out her website http://www.macphailbooks.com/ and why not borrow one of books from the LRC. The Nemesis series is very popular at the moment and I can highly recommend Worse Than Boys and Catch Us If You Can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathrine Macphail is a brilliant author with more than 20 books under her belt.
When I got to meet her I discovered many thing about her,but her best quality is that SHE IS SCOTTISH. She can write for both girls and boys and have both enjoy her reading.

New Junior Fiction in the LRC